The 'root' user and 'admin' user password are critical to Access Managers operation. So being able to manage and maintain them is vitally important. Here we have methods to reset them.
How to reset 'admin' user password
You can reset the admin portal account password by using the "Support" option in the VM console menu.
- From the VM console menu select Support -> Password.
- You will then need to confirm that you wish to stop the Access Manager service in order to reset the password by selecting "YES".
- Finally you will be asked to confirm that you wish to reset the password to "Qwerty123?" by selecting "YES"
You will then be able to log into the admin portal with the password Qwerty123. We recommend changing this password as soon as you have successfully logged back into the admin portal.
How to reset the 'root' user password
If you have forgotten the root user password that you set when you first setup Access Manager, you can quickly and easily change it from the administration web interface.
To reset the root users password:
- Click on the Identities page and select the vm (VM) connector from the "Directory" drop down menu.
- Select the 'root' user, this will display the user details at the bottom of the page.
- Click "Reset Password" on the right side of the page. A window will appear asking you to provide a new password, firstly uncheck the "Force password change at next login?" option if it is enabled, then enter your new password and click "Reset password".
- You will then see a password reset confirmation box appear. Click Close.
Your VM console root user password will now have been changed.
Please Note - The vm connector feature is there so you can easily reset the root user password if you have forgotten it. Therefore the "Reset Password" is the only feature designed to work with it.