Configuring And Managing Updates.
From here you can check to see if there are also any updates available to install. When checking or installing updates you can also choose to see more detailed progress by selecting the "Show progress of update operation" box. When selected, an addition box will appear containing detailed information about the updates.
This is where information of the available updates is displayed along with what type of updates they are.
Even if your installation doesn't have internet access it can still be updated. By using the "package installer" we can get updates, a specific feature or fix onto your installation. This also allows us to give you a specific or even unique build to install. Here's how to use it.
- Click to expand the "Install Package" menu.
- Click "Choose file" a file requester dialogue box will appear.
- Browse to the location of the package you are installing and select open. (We will have either emailed you or sent you a link to download the package beforehand).
- Click "Install".
- After the package has installed, you will be prompted to click to restart the service to complete the package installation.
Here you can set Access Manager to install updates automatically as well as notifying the Administrator of any new updates that are available.
Early Access Updates
If you want to participate in testing for the next stable release of Access Manager you may enable Early Access Updates. Normally, we do not recommend you use this option in a production environment.
- Click to expand the "Options" menu.
- Slide the "Early Access" switch to ON.
- Click "Save"
- Click the "Check" button to check for available updates. (You can view details of the available updates by expanding the "Details" menu)
- Click "install" to install the available updates. (You will probably be prompted to restart the application when the updates have been installed)
- Go back to the Early Access updates page and turn the Early Access switch OFF.
- Click "Save"