The support section can be accessed by clicking the "?" in the upper right hand corner of the administration panel as shown below. From this section you will have access to the Support Callback and the Support links section.
Note: Enabling the support tunnel creates an outgoing connection on port 443 to our support server. You do not have to open up any direct external access through your firewall, as long as the server can make an outgoing HTTPS connection to our support2.nervepoint.com server this is all that is required.
The support tunnel option can be found by clicking the "?" in the upper right hand corner of the admin panel as shown below.
When instructed simply enable the 'Support Callback' switch. The status is shown on the right.
Set an Identifier
You will also need to provide an identifier either:
- Name - your registered name
- Email address - your registered email address
- Support ticket number - an engineer will have given you a ticket number
This information will enable the support engineer to pick up the correct call.
This enables a secure connection between our support servers and your instance of Access Manager, enabling our support engineers to diagnose any problems you may be having.
Disabling Support Tunnel
Once the problem has been resolved the support engineer will disconnect and you can safely turn 'Enable Support Callback' switch to off, the status beside the switch will show 'Not active'
Support Tunnel Status
The status shown to the right are as follows:
- Not Active - Support Tunnel closed
- Connecting - Support Tunnel is connecting to the support server
- Awaiting Support Operative - Support Tunnel is established and awaiting connection from the support team
- Support Operative Connected - A member of the support team is connected to the tunnel
- Error - Connection failed
The support section also offers you links to the various support sections of Nervepoint Access Manager as well as the ability to search our knowledge base for support articles.