Help and Support section of Access Manager 1.2
The support section can be accessed by clicking the "?" in the upper right hand corner of the administration panel as shown below. From this section you will have access to the Support Callback and the Support links section.
Note: Enabling the support tunnel creates an outgoing connection on port 443 to our support server. You do not have to open up any direct external access through your firewall, as long as the server can make an outgoing HTTPS connection to our support2.nervepoint.com server this is all that is required.
The support tunnel option can be found by clicking the "?" in the upper right hand corner of the admin panel as shown below.
When instructed simply enable the 'Support Callback' switch. The status is shown on the right.
Set an Identifier
You will also need to provide an identifier either:
- Name - your registered name
- Email address - your registered email address
- Support ticket number - an engineer will have given you a ticket number
This information will enable the support engineer to pick up the correct call.
This enables a secure connection between Nervepoint Technologies support servers and your instance and enables our support engineers to diagnose any problems you may be having.
Disabling Support Tunnel
Once the problem has been resolved the support engineer will disconnect and you can safely turn 'Enable Support Callback' switch to off, the status beside the switch will show 'Not active'
Support Channel Status
The status shown to the right are as follows:
- Not Active - support channel closed.
- Connecting - support channel is connecting with Nervepoint Technologies support servers.
- Awaiting Operator - support channel established awaiting for a support engineer to connect.
- Active - support engineer connected.
- Error - connection failed.
The support section also offers you links to the various support sections of Nervepoint Access Manager as well as the ability to search our knowledge base for support articles.
- Nervepoint Helpdesk - Here you will find a wealth of Guides, Tips and tricks and How to's. Simply input what you are looking for in the search box and hit 'Search' to display the results.
- Nervepoint Support Home - From here, you'll have access to all our support information: Telephone number, email address, support articles and Video tutorials.
- Community Forum - Our support forum where you can post questions and discuss topics.